<< # BolehBlogs ? >>

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yoga

As part of my plan to lose weight and tone up for the year, I've taken up Yoga. Last year I just gave in to food, and it shows. The double chin has returned along with additions to the butt area :( Anyway, its gonna be tennis and yoga for now. Tennis thankfully has resumed now that it is starting to rain less. Having said that, tennis just got cancelled due to rain and Chinese New Year is coming up. *BIG SIGH* Anyway, I know I'll back to ideal weight in no time, since I've already put my mind into it.

I came across Yoga or at least the mention of it around 5 years ago. Mei Ling was going for classes in Canada then. I remember thinking that it had some spritual relations and wasn't really interested in finding out more. How I recently got re-introduced was thru Irrena who just finished an instructor's course and had to do a bit of industrial training. Anyhow I decided to give it a try since it was an indoor exercise and seemed to have strengthened her body. I got together a bunch of friends and we started classes. I have to say, after 3 classes I have a lot of respect for yoga. I also realized that years ago, my gym instructors actually incorporated yoga movements into exercises, so much for being judgemental.

It has been fun, its amazing how much you sweat from supposed "sissy" poses. Nothing sissy about yoga, takes very well worked muscles to actually be able to do the poses. Power yoga was a killer but I love it, look forward to the day I can go thru the whole class without groaning. Oh, its a great exercise to induce sleep too. Body tends to be so tired afterwards that you just naturally want to take a nap, even then I still sleep well at night after an afternoon nap.

I still can't bend fully, as in my head still doesnt touch my knees while my fingers reach the ground. Lets see my progress in a few months, I give myself 2. Funny how I always joked about how people look like they are all knotted up while doing yoga and here I am now trying my best to actually be properly knotted up!

Human nature I guess, we somehow try harder to push ourselves or to prove we can when the odds are against us. Its a good thing....at times

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home