<< # BolehBlogs ? >>

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Malaysian traffic

Jam.

In Malaysia that's probably in reference to the traffic situation and not something you put on pastry, preferably scones for me.

Its been hell since the day I set foot back in Malaysia and started work in the heart of KL. Of all places, I was located in the MIDF building at the intersection of Jalan Ampang and Jalan Tun Razak. The moment anything connects to Jalan Ampang, be ready to get stuck in a perpetual parking lot. The only movements you'll get are from middle fingers being raised to salute the next driver or from flowery language coming out of otherwise sweet mouths.

The Malaysian traffic has somehow gotten worse over the years, I honestly think there are too many cars out there today. Although prices for cars here are atrocious, people still keep buying them although many really cannot afford one. Traffic also comes to a standstill when it rains. Somehow drivers slow down big time everytime it pours, it doesn't help that a lot of places start to flood. I was over at the roundabout coming from Sultan Samad School to Eastin and it was all jammed up thanks to a swimming pool that formed right at the turning off to Eastin. Water was about a 3/4-tyre deep, I sped thru without stopping. I was taught by someone that you should not pause nor change gear when going thru water (well don't go thru it if its too deep to begin with).

I am so grateful that I have been working out of KL since 2001, I avoid KL and late afternoon meetings there like plague! Even then, seems like the traffic has now slowly crept into PJ, thats the price of development....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home