<< # BolehBlogs ? >>

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Double Confirm!

I JUST have to bitch about the word DOUBLE CONFIRM!

It is the MOST irritating phrase that I've had to put my poor banana ears through (Banana ears = a chinese person's ears that can only accept well formed english words).

I wish those using it would just stick to reconfirm or double check and not cross-breed the two. It is most irritating when I'm super busy and the credit card company calls to DOUBLE CONFIRM transactions, or some finance girl with a high-pitched voice asks to DOUBLE CONFIRM that payment has been made. aaarrrrggghhhhh...........

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH.

A couple of years back my colleagues found out how much I couldn't stand the phrase and decided to use it liberally around me (scowls and shows chao face). I once had the credit card person call me and her exact phrase was, "I wanted to call to confirm and double confirm....", I'm just waiting for the day when some kiasu kaki will call me wanting to TRIPLE CONFIRM something. I might just wish for a double confirmation then...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home