<< # BolehBlogs ? >>

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Yoga Updates

I think CNY claimed some casualties who were too lazy to attend classes after a two-week break, more than half the class didn't show up! I don't blame them, I wasn't too sure if I could last thru the class either as I was still quite weak from my bout of fever and flu. I guess this is a common thing after having too much CNY cookies and mandarin oranges.

Anyhow, we did 5 sets of sun salutations and I felt much better this time around, I could notice increased flexbility and strength :) Irrena is a good instructor and has a really pleasant voice, especially the part where she makes us relax each body part as a warm down. I actually fell asleep either from over-exhaustion or feeling overly relaxed. She said that it was a good thing to reach that level. I should get her voice on tape so the next time I have insomnia - like now, I can just play back the tape and hopefully relax myself to sleep hehe. The whole class does appreciate her as she gives clear instructions and is very patient with our sometimes ridiculous questions.

This week i was exercising beside Honey. She cracked me up as she was stumbling all over her sticky mat which made this funny squeaking sound while we were trying to stand like storks on one leg. I was trying extremely hard to concentrate but gave in when the hopping began lol! She is so much fun, I think CNY also got to her and Lisa.

Some info on yoga - I was told that we have miniscule muscles that are stabilizers, these are the things that would prevent the Elvis shakes on hands and legs if exercised. Apparently stabilizer muscles cannot be trained by doing the general weights which only work the major muscle group, yoga on the other hand is able to exercise these group of muscles which enable better strength and stability. How fascinating. I still have a long way to go as my arm was shaking when I was doing the one-handed side balancing pose. I must try to remember the name of the poses!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home