<< # BolehBlogs ? >>

Friday, December 29, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a good 2007 ahead.

It was a good Christmas. The eve was spent with the gang, Merv, Fred, Calvin, Chris, Ally, Jules, Wendy, El and Penny. Mervin made turkey which was yummy and I made the rest, my "famous" whipped potato, potato salad and baked vegetables. From the last party, guests didn't really dig the salad so I cooked the vegetables this time. I also made aglio olio and pumpkin soup. It was so funny but 30 seconds into saying lets eat and having people dig into the glorious food, I realized that I forgot to bring out the whipped potato and potato salad! It was kinda cute that people cheered and clapped when they saw the whipped potato being brought out. hahaha.

After dinner, I decided to be cina and put on the Christmas karaoke. Mervin hogged the mike but it was all good fun. Somehow they wanted more and other karaoke classics were brought out. People left quite early somehow, but just as well, I had Christmas day parties to deal with.

On Christmas day, I went home to mommy's, she made HER famous crispy skin roast chicken which was SO yummy! As usual. Her chicken stuffing was also nice, I have to learn the recipe one day. She also bought Christmas pudding which was gorgeous coz it was more like a sticky date pudding. I put it to bake in the oven and when it came out sizzling and steaming, we topped it off with ice cream. BURP!

I decided to hang the Christmas ribbons with the gingerbread Christmas tree on Moose. He was such a well behaved darling, just sat there and waited for me to get it over with. When he finally had a whiff of the gingerbread hanging around his neck, he started to chew on the tree. Amazingly after all that chewing, the tree retained its shape, but with one less deck. Cody then suddenly realize there was nibbles hanging around Moose's neck and he chomped on the gingerbread while growling at Moose! He didn't realize that Moose didn't have a choice, the tree/gingerbread was stuck to him. So cute the furkids were.

For tea, I was at Ann's, now SHE is another superb chef. I turned down two other parties after that, couldn't take any more socializing and food! It was nice catching up with those close to me though.

I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as I did. Oh did I mention how gorgeous the Christmas tree sitting at home looks? I had a purple and silver theme this year, the Christmas presents also took on the same theme, it was quite something especially when lit at night. Think I'll keep the tree up for a little while more...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 30 December, 2006, Blogger Mervin Lee said...

Jingle Bells! Batman Smells! Robin flew away! Wonder woman lost her bosom flying tee yea yeaaaa!

Hi there Anna! It was a lovely dinner! Did I hogged on the mic too long? Hmmm...

Well Have a great new year! Wishing u all the best and before u know it... WISH U GET RICH RICH! (KIONG HEE HUAT CAI!)

Love always,
Tailo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home