<< # BolehBlogs ? >>

Thursday, November 09, 2006

IRREGARDLESS (Double Confirm Part II)

I'm sure we've all heard people use the word IRREGARDLESS. Some are probably guilty of using it too! I first heard it back in 2000 from an ex-colleague, trust me, it wasn't music to my banana ears.

Irregardless is ALMOST as bad as double confirm on my list of irritating words. I don't know how it came about, but it just probably might have originated from the double confirm gang of people out there. Come out now y'all, stop hiding, we can hear you!

Regardless is already in spite of/despite, I really can't figure out what happens when you add IR- to regardless! Seems like you cancel out the whole reason for regardless being there in the first place :o *blank*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home